View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 07:39 PM   #17
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
That's completely foreign to my setup FYI. Why on earth are you in a position where old plugins need reauthing like this? I have plugins going back to 2010 and never have such issues. I was always a Waves opponent when they had dongles so it's not that I'm defending them, just amazed at some of the corners people seem to get backed into.
It was likely due to Reaper having crash/quit several times during the scan after the cache clear. All I know is during the Waves install certain plugins that had the computer as the authorization took a dump, authwise, (Eventide, Black Rooster, Zynaptiq) and they needed to go back online into my accounts to handshake and I've never needed to do that before, and while I've rescanned (which didn't get the WaveShell seen) I'd never cleared the plugin cache before. In the case of the UltraChannel it was on an iLok local non-dongle auth and by the time the new Waves was loading (and the Abbey Road was crashing) it asked to be authorized, I couldn't tell you why except that I wanted to try the Waves plugins and boom, things that worked yesterday suddenly didn't. When I do the same now they don't lose them but they did then, but loading Waves AR still takes Reaper down (The Waves SuperTap and RenBass have literally been taken away, as in not on drive at all. I'm sure when I redownload them they'll work, but these are not things happening because I'm doing anything other than what is supposed to be done.

edit: Well, all the Abbey Road plugins that all take down Reaper work fine in anything else I try them in, so I'm not going to blame Waves for that. Still can't get them to not crash Reaper upon load when the Waveshell is nearly the only thing in the folder, though the other Waves work, as they do elsewhere.