View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #72
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Thanks for your help everyone! 1.24 new theme and script are now in post #1.

IMPORTANT I've had to change the name of the script (removing the underscores from its name), which will mess things up for you. Sorry. I recommend deleting the old script and your reaper-themeconfig.ini before running the new one.

This does however mean we all, for a moment, get to have the 'first time user' experience, so if you could take a moment to have a look at the new defaults and let me know what you think, that would be much appreciated.

TCP
A - The big payoff of all this work. We get to deal with that 'argh too many controls' feeling that new users get, unaware that they are seeing them all twice if they have MCP and TCP showing. So this is the layout that hides Routing/Pan/Width if the mixer is showing, and all the record functionality unless the track is armed. For a BIG clarity win; look at all that relaxing clean space.
B - The opposite; maximum overkill. Everything showing, all the time, and volume as a fader.
C- Big meter, lots of conditional hiding to make best use of the reduced space.

MCP
A - Just some subtle label hiding if track is unselected, to clean things up.
B - Labels always showing, border set to 'around folders'
C - Narrow mode if track unselected, narrow mode with sidebar if track selected. For the 'massive project, small screen' users.

Envelopes - Tricky one this, ideally people will use the auto setting for the name size but they'd need to know about the script and be running it for that to make sense, so I've tried to choose a sensible fixed size to start.

Transport - Rate as a knob. Hopefully this will prevent a few people running into the problems discussed earlier regarding the selection text getting smooshed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
–if you’re familiar with dopp_fxlist this used to be a lua script, but now migrated into a plugin extension, and doesn't require a kick-start.
I'm a beginner programmer, this is my first script. I imagine I'm a few years short of the experience needed to be getting into extensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
But this time when trying to run the theme adjuster script from the menu, I got an error message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericson View Post
I have the same error message and I've applied the same solution as you described, but still the error.
@dev, please advice.
Please try 1.24, hopefully this will be fixed ...?