View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 04:45 PM   #20
wwwmaze
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
wwwmaze, this looks quite smooth. But its without panning.

Anyway, this motion blur is great. (And my post is kind of off topic.) I figured out how to change the alpha to make it more subtle but for some reason it reacts to sensible. Even the slowest motion gets a lot of last frame blending what would be good for the slow zooming example in your post but is to much for a real application.

Is there a way to decrease the distance of the blends or even to make a slower reaction? So it increases the blur later at higher speeds but not so much in slower?

Look at this example: There are two cycles. One with clean motion, one with motion blur 0.1 alpha. This looks almost perfect but as you see, it reacts just not fluidly or dynamically. Its more like a linear alignment of motion blur distance what doesn't look naturally. Does it need an algorithmic adaption? Have no idea.

I know you did this little gem just to show how to even out the zoom issue. But this has so much potential to rock the Reaper video world ...
Quick answer (in a hurry): I'm not sure I understand you 100% but I think the video looks a bit unnatural because maybe you reduced alpha of the current frame? I could be wrong but the current frame looks like it has less alpha than the last frame (i.e. the frame before the current).

Could it be that you set "gfx_a=0.5" in line 11 to something low?
You would need to set it to something high if you need more opacity for current frame.

I dont know, could be the blur too, which is super primitive, just averaging 2 frames.
wwwmaze is offline   Reply With Quote