View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #21
Dyl
Human being with feelings

I absolutely believe that one should start from a blank document, Mr White Tie. I've never understood the whole, dive right into the hardest example you can find way of doing things. Only problem I had was that I couldn't figure out the conventions of file naming extensions etc. used in Reaper. So I couldn't take the first steps either.
Don't really understand why the thing's turning into some weird argument either when everyone's got their own way of going about things/reasons for learning things.
Sorry it's turned out this way, that's not what I wanted.
I'm glad I've finally figured out how to create a blank doc but this has been a rather unproductive use of my WALTER learning time. It isn't even WALTER coding is it?--- setting up the ReaperTheme file, a resources folder, linking the two, creating an rtconfig file, using images etc. For me that just feels like housekeeping. For each of these tasks, for a novice, that's hours of trawling to get to a point where you can use the first "set tcp.solo" task from the guide. Even then, without learning about adding images to your new theme's resource folder that first task in the Themer's guide won't work satisfactorily. Or at least in my case all I got was an exclamation mark for an icon.
I too would certainly welcome some video instructionals on WALTER/theming but I would like to see the very tasks I've had problems with clearly spelled out.
I'm reluctant to post my "new, improved novice supplement" given the amount of heat generated but you were absolutely right it's way simpler than it seems.
I can say, a hearty thank you to you for your responses, and again, I would never have started this thread if I thought it would be like this.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote