View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #13
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
How do I name a blank theme, as in what is the naming structure?
How exactly do I edit it using the theme tweaker?
Do I create it, instead, in the theme tweaker, which I have assumed is the theme development tool available from the Actions list?
What is the theme tweaker, exactly?
How do I name the resource folder in relation to the theme I've created?
How do I assign the folder to the theme?
You're overcomplicating things; the answer to most of your questions is 'it doesn't matter'. The key thing you're missing is that you don't need to do anything because a theme (even a default theme) is just a set of overrides of Reaper's fallback, built-in theme (the ugly grey Win95 looking one).

A .ReaperTheme is just a text file. You can create/edit it in a text editor. Or you can use the theme tweaker, if you like, because it is easier. Start by making a blank text file and saving it as a .ReaperTheme. Add some color definitions to it, if you like, using the theme tweaker. Add a resource folder and some images, if you like. Add an rtconfig.txt ...if you like. Have fun. Its not voodoo.

By the way, theme structure is covered at the top of the SDK. Is it possible you've not seen that page? You're asking a number of questions that are actually documented on the actual Cockos documentation, slight though it might be it is crucial knowledge.