View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #81
Lawrence
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
When you copy+drag events in the piano roll to a space outside their original item's borders and there are multiple items existing on that track at the place where you drop them - what should happen?
Good question. Opinions on that will vary for sure. I personally think it should remain on the same clip and just extend the clip.

If the intent is to move it to another clip, I would guess there would be ways to make that happen whether by key-mod or cut/paste. But my preference would be to never have the software assume I want to move a note from the existing clip, to another clip. I'd want that to be an explicit instruction, so maybe a key-mod, dunno.

How do you do that now in Reaper, move a note from one clip to another when you have two clips showing at the same time layered? Is this something you can do now or is this just something that you can't do now but are just asking how the new thing might actually work when and if it becomes possible later?

Thanks Gofer.

If you want me to look and see and come back and tell you how it works now in a couple of other places, I can do that... if that's what you're actually asking.

Last edited by Lawrence; 11-23-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote