View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #95
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
:-) Thanks. But I am trying to expand it more like the example I gave with my colleague´s audio. Nugen stereoizer plug-in, is pretty cool, but after messing with it for over an hour, it just started sounding muddy. I think that has more to do with the mic I am using. I am using a Blue condenser, but, I have a mint condition- with factory warranty and less than a year old, Blue Woodpecker active ribbon that I am trying to sell in order to get a Sennheiser 416- or maybe trade that mic for a 416- or maybe a Neuman or possibly a Blue Blueberry. But for now, I am using another Blue condenser mic (Bluebird) and it´s not cutting the mustard. I have the woodpecker on ebay but only one nibble so far.
Hi Monty, well I did try a few things but your voice sounds so good as it is, there's not a lot I can do with it. As far as the mic goes, I think it sounds pretty good, of course I don't have a clue what processing you used on it. It's obviously well compressed or limited but I don't think it's to much, although it certainly don't need any more.

At this point I'm not sure what you're looking for. In that sound track that you seem to like and want to emulate I don't hear anything extrodinarily different or better than your own tracks. The only thing I noticed is that your mp3s didn't have quite as much volume as your target one did, which of course can lead to some misconceptions.

May I ask what kind of listening room you have? Is it a well treated room with good monitors? Or are you maybe using headphones? I only ask because you seem to hear something that I'm not or at least I can't put my finger on it.

Are you using a spectrum analyser at all, they can be great for zeroing in on frequencies and how loud they are.

At any rate, I think you have a great voice Monty and you know how to use it. The only thing about the mp3 you posted is that it was pretty dry so I did add a little convo-verb with a Small Wood Room impulse in a True Stereo configuration. I thought it improved it slightly by adding a small amount of ambience but I'm not sure if it helped it or not.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63198126/03%...Convo)%201.mp3
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote