View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
timmcmorris
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post

In Kontakt:
-- load your 8 instruments,
-- for each instrument set its incoming MIDI channel AND its audio output (to the Kontakt Mixer),
-- in the Kontakt Mixer, configure (the [Conf] button) each output to be connected to the next available pair of plugin outputs.

HTH
Hey DarkStar, thank you SOOO much for replying, I really appreciate your help! What you said makes perfect sense, and I am almost there, but still need a little help.

I have been able to follow your instructions to get 4 stereo channels working (and then add effects to those channels), but I don`t know how to get more then 4.

For example, on the routing conformation window the outputs created are:

Stereo 1/2->New track 2 "Kt.st.1"
Stereo 3/4->New track 3 "Kt.st.2"
Stereo 5/6->New track 4 "Kt.aux1"
Stereo 7/8->New track 5 "Kt.aux2"

So, 8 outputs, but only 4 stereo.

Under the kontakt mixer settings, I have available:

st.1, st.2 and then 4 aux channels. I can create new channels, however I can only work within these paired groups to share an output rather then exceeding these 4 stereo pairs that have been created.

So in other words, I can't route the 4 remaining instruments to their own channels where I can add different effects and such...I can only share the 4 it creates for me.

Thanks again so much for your previous reply, I will be anxiously awaiting another reply - I need to figure this out before I start doing anymore recording because of the large number of tracks I need...if I don`t, it just cripples my cpu because of trying to open a new instance of Kontakt on every track just for one instrument.
timmcmorris is offline   Reply With Quote