View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #2804
Mottemania
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
I'll have a go, but bear in mind that the syntax will change a bit with the upcoming release

OK, so those are the MIDI messages being sent when you press those buttons. So you'd put those in your mst something like this:

Code:
UserButton1 PressRelease 90 2e 7f  90 2e 00
where:
- UserButton1 is the name you give the button. We try to follow whatever it's labelled as on the surface
- PressRelease is the type of control, ie. a button that sends a msg on press and then another on release.

Then, in your axt file, you could associate some functionality with that UserButton1, like maybe:

UserButton1 TrackMute

or

UserButton1 Reaper 40026

That last one would invoke the action in Reaper with ID 40026 (Save I think)

Have a look at the list of Actions here https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...tion-Reference

Does that make sense? See if you can get that going before we dive deeper.

Also, the last few pages of discussion have been about the new syntax which is coming. Don't get confused and try and use that in the version you have today.

What editor are you using?

Cheers
Malcolm
Goddammit, somehow I oversaw your answer. So: thanks and sorry for my delayed answer... In the last week I sold my FW-1884 and save my money for a smaller control surface, the behringer touch or this iCon thingy, but I'll see ...

So I just wait for the next syntax update
But I think a got a feeling for this.
Mottemania is offline   Reply With Quote