View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #13
teniente powell
Human being with feelings

Well, now I'm at home and can try differents things with Spėtfire Mural with Kontakt 5.8.1. And I can see that:

- First, Cady Byington, you said in your first post that drew the first automation, the violin dynamics, using midi CC0. It's not a good idea. CC0 is used as Bank Select. The dynamics is controlled by Modwheel, CC1. Try that.

- In my Spitfire Mural, in Reaper of course, if I don't generate activity, no CC is lighting.

- Moving the Modwheel (CC1), the CC1 lights in red. ReaControlMidi used as midi monitor (before kontakt) show me CC1 activity. The dynamics knob in Spitfire moves.

- Now, an experiment. ReaControlMidi after kontakt to see midi output monitor. Obviously, kontakt output set up to merge audio with midi. Now I move the Modwheel. CC1 lights in red, ReaControlMidi shows me CC1 activity. Now I move with the mouse the dynamics knob in Spitfire UI. Bang! CC103 activity in kontakt monitor (red light). No midi activity in ReaControlMidi. Same with vibrato knob. Moving it, CC104 lights in red. No midi activity in ReaControlMidi. If I move CC2 (I have set up the vibrato to control it with CC2), then the vibrato knob moves, and CC2 activity in kontakt and in ReaControlMidi.

It's as if the midi CC reserved by script Sandbox are only for internal use.

Great kontakt guru EvilDragon may find an explanation.

Try last DarkStar advice, assigning midi CC by draggin, not with midi learn.
teniente powell is offline   Reply With Quote