View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #132
diversgens
Human being with feelings

To stay in the topic title, i would say that one of the practical usage of OSC in Reaper is, in the context of Ipad, to design the interface that fit the way you work, you can put slider, knob, button (switch, pad) where you want, program them to do what you want, to interact with your workflow.

All of this with a not so difficult "language" ... i always find that the limitation of midi remote controller are the closed design (miss one more pad here, one master slider there, and so on), with ReaperOsc, a tablet and a OSC software you can build the interface man/machine you desire, you can share with other or not.

This is not a revolution, OSC is not superior to Midi nor the tablet to Remote controller but i have done years ago a xml file to control Cubase with the BCF2000, try the Novation ZeroSL but there was always something wrong or missing in the workflow.

I think there no need to fight each other, OSC in Reaper is great because it's something more for us, it's free, it don't take more CPU usage and open some new doors.

Just my two cents, and sorry for my not so good english.

Regards
diversgens is offline   Reply With Quote