View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 04:26 AM   #267
moss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyHavoc View Post
Hi Moss!

I had my friend swap over to OSC and the same problem still applies.

We create a track, arm the track and monitor it. Open Maschine, or Komplete Kontrol, but I'll get to that, as FX on the track.

Interestingly, the transport no longer functioning occurs within Maschine VST; using the KKMK2 with Maschine is the main selling point (hence all the buttons and two screens).

When using the KKMK2 with the Komplete Kontrol VST, the transport continues to function, which is what my experience with it was. I tried Maschine, but the same problem as his occurs.

However, when you have Maschine VST running and you press the Instance key on the KKMK2 and select it with the 4D encoder (press inwards), the transport stops functioning, but the rest of it continues to work just fine. Frustrating not being able to use the transport.

I noticed that you said you do not have Maschine so could not help another user. If you need to temporarily take the Maschine software for a spin then I can arrange this for you in private, hardware is not needed, you only need the KKMK2. :- ) Would love to buy you a few cold/hot ones if you can figure this out!
That's why it is always helpful to write in detail what you are doing :-)

So, the problem is the Maschine plugin. Since I meanwhile got a Maschine license I can tell to you that this is actually how Maschine works with the Kontrol MkII. This is explained in detail in the MkII manual in the Host section.

That you are in Maschine mode is indicated with the little keyboard icon in the upper right of the Maschine plugin UI. Strangely, you can only enable it by clickin on the icon but not disabling it (seems like a bug to me). To switch these modes on the Mk II: To enable press INSTANCE and then SELECT. To disable: only press INSTANCE and then switch back to MIXER.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote