View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #18
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

I haven't played with r4 yet much, but i found the default skin much better than the previous ones by far, but still it's not perfect for me, but i don't care at all about that really, because i loaded up the current theme i'm using into it, and it works out great, which is awesome because i can't imagine ever wanting any other theme than the one i have loaded right now.

a couple things though in my short visit to r4 that i didn't like were that when you stretched open the track pane, the toolbar buttons moved around and got larger and stuff. i assume this behaviour is customizable, but i haven't found the option for it yet.

another thing i didn't really like was that the stereo and widening pans were side by side, i think i'd prefer them stacked like in mixer view. mostly because that way i can always access them while keeping my tracks pane smaller. i don't mind making the tracks larger vertically to access these because i'm always changing the size of those anyways, and like to keep them large enough to begin with.

another small thing, that i guess you'd just be used to quickly but noobs might find it annoying or confusing, is that the widening tool and regular pan don't have any discriminating features such as in mixer view, unless you hover over them.

i just played with r4 quickly, didn't really try to record or go into depth with it or anything, but so far, i've liked the changes and i like the way i could use my old theme without any difficulties.

what i'd like to be able to do though, is a list of all the new actions/menu options, because i have highly modified menusets, and i'd like to use those to preview reaper, except none of the new menu options will show up if i use my standard menus.

on a side note, something i'd like to see reaper 4 have that i'm not sure if it has or i guess even if 3 has for that matter, is a way to glue split take blocks. the glue action isolates one take and removes all other, but what if you split all takes and want to glue them together but keep all takes?

anywas, so far so good for me. only noticed a few subtle things, but from what i've read and seen, looks pretty good so far.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote