View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 06:58 AM   #2469
Skyhook
Human being with feelings

Another new registrant here, posting to express many thanks to Yep and others...much improvement all around for me. Hasn't helped my singing much but now I can see where I made mistakes in previous projects ( which had real time constraints, so actually were "finished rather than perfect").

One topic I did not see mentioned, or i missed...physical well-being and how it relates to the end result. I had a recent experience where I "hit the wall";* end result being I went deaf in one ear and half in the other ( my body sometimes over produces ear wax ) for a number of days.

I will admit I enjoyed the silence and I slept better, but I started wondering what productive people in this vocation do to maintain good health; aurally, physically, mentally. It would seem to me, being overly focused on reaching the next level ( as I am wont to do ) is not really part of a healthy lifestyle.* How do you know when to stop?? Do you have timers set that you don't ignore? Do you force yourself to leave it alone for a day? Or are you like me, and find yourself deaf, blind and hungry at an unspeakable hour?
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote