View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #131
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post
i started doing digital audio in 2000 like most of you and i have never heard the acronym "AI" being ever, EVER used to mean audio interface. it still means artificial intelligence.

NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vStyler View Post
You have now.

This obviously isn't thread about Robot building.. so AI applied to Audio Interface or Audio Input seems pretty contextually obvious to me.. dig a little deeper you will find both of these shortened to AI in recording circles.

Promise
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj View Post
i've never heard of ai referring to audio interface. soundcard, interface, or io yes, but no ai.

though, really it is insignificant. albert's the boss around these parts.
I hadn't either, so i was slightly confused, i only ever heard of it being used as artificial intelligence as well, which technically, contextually could be applicable given that we are working with computers which can display a crude representation of what we call artificial intelligence, and we do refer to some programming as artificial intelligence.

what one means to the person saying it, is always obvious. the same cannot be said for the person hearing it.

but whatever. it doesn't matter.

i know now what you meant.

i could see how it might be useful to some people in some situations, but i could also see how that might be limited by how lengthy it displays the information.

me, all my VST instruments, have their own track template, so i set my input once, the first time i build an instrument, and then that's it. whatever instrument i'm using i know what input it is, and it doesn't even really matter to me, because i only have two inputs and a midi, and i never move anything in or out of those. i have a switch to switch from drums to keyboard for midi, but reaper doesn't know about it.

for me, that sort of display would be nice in a hide/show button on the track, with an action to hide/show all. and also to be able to do so to individual tracks, but it would show as two boxes, one displaying the interface, and the other the input selected.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 10-31-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote