View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #535
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
That's a version mismatch error that I added, so it seems that you have some sort of version mismatch.

Try copying/overwriting the 2.3.1 lin-vst-server files to /usr/bin and then to make sure run linvstconvert and pick the 2.3.1 version of linvst.so and then convert the dll names wherever they are.

linvstconvert should just overwrite any old .so file versions unless they are in a directory/folder that needs sudo permissions.

Any folder in the /home/user/.wine folder (including the Wine window tree folders ie the "Program Files" folder etc or any folder in /home/user should be ok and not need sudo permissions.

If a vst dll is in a directory/folder that needs sudo permissions, then a symbolic link can be used.
That was it. I forgot to do that step. Thanks! Also, it did run through the entire initialization of REAPER and not get hung up this time. I did get two errors saying something to the effect of "process replacement not supported" or something like that for two old "Frühere" plugins that I still like, but they seem to work exactly like they did before doing the update.

Perhaps that message has something to do with the cursor disappearing when over those plugins? I have to kind of guesstimate where the cursor is, but then I can dial the knobs on their interfaces once I am invisibly over them.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote