View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 04:01 AM   #7
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutnpaste View Post
why is the manual completely ignoring the midi port procedure and not a single word about setting up midi ports. I did a search on the manual it reported 0 items found.
Thank you for the question. To answer:

Because I don't claim to be 100% on top of absolutely everything about every aspect of REAPER all of the time. It is such a powerful fully featured piece of software developing at such a phenomenal rate that I do sometimes overlook things. This was made more challenging by the fact that for most of 2018 I was living in emergency accommodation with only limited PC and internet access because of a flood at my house. I have still not completely cleared the backlog.

That said, I do always appreciate it when people come forward with constructive suggestions, even more so when they help offer solutions. My understanding is that a MIDI Port is simply a socket into which you plug an external MIDI device. I wonder if you mean MIDI buses? If you would be good enough to explain exactly what you mean by "MIDI ports" we can perhaps take it from there.

Last edited by nicholas; 01-29-2019 at 05:14 AM.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote