Old 05-31-2019, 11:04 AM   #417
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
Tack, I always wanted to ask you something: I always write my banks this way
//! c=#FF0000 i=note-whole o=note@1:24
24 Sustain All
Using the same number for the note output and the name of the articulation is going to bite me in the ass someday in the future? I hope not, to this day never had an issue
Really the only requirement is that program numbers on the same source MIDI channel are unique. Which is to say, program numbers within a given bank must be unique, and across banks assigned to the same track they must not conflict if those banks are mapped to the same source MIDI channel.

So in practice you should be fine, except that you lose the benefit of standardizing articulations between virtual instruments by using a consistent program number for the same articulations (e.g. 1 for long sustains). The main use-case for this is control surfaces were you can trigger common articulations regardless of the track. If that use-case isn't important to you, then it really doesn't matter.

But then as you've noticed, if you've got a multi config with patches on different channels, you'll need to use a different program number on the other channels so at that point they won't match the note numbers anymore. But it really doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarraman View Post
(if we don't count Miroslav not receiving the articulation changes... I've given up on that front)
I'm curious, are you using the prerelease? If not, you might find that works. I made some timing changes that could help. Or maybe not.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote