View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #500
andyp24
Human being with feelings

Hi

I've mapped what I can of the X32, and disappointingly for me, only one of the rotary controls (assignable pan knob) sends any MIDI data in any mode that I can discover. Neither, for some strange reason, do the Solo buttons (except some of them in Remote mode).

So, it's not going to be quite as flexible as I hoped, although there are still quite a few faders and buttons (latching and non-latching) which do deliver data, depending on the mode the desk is in.

Hopefully at least the Faders and switches would be useful for me if your project can build a map for it. I might have to look into another general purpose knobs and buttons MIDI controller for FX use as well (ideas please?).

Hope this helps.
Best,
Andy

Briefly (let me know when/if you want a full list of what sends what):

The one physical Assignable Pan Knob sends 00-7F for up to 64 different channels (according to the Bank and Channel Selects on the desk)

CHANNEL SECTION

8 physical Mute Buttons send 00 or 7F (latching) for up to 64 different channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

8 physical Channel Faders send 00-7F (nothing sent when Touched or Released, only CC when moved) for up to 64 channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

BUSS SECTION (Normal desk mode)

8 physical Mute Buttons send 00 or 7F (latching) for up to 31 different channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

8 physical Channel Faders send 00-7F (nothing sent when Touched or Released, only CC when moved) for up to 31 channels (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

One physical Main Fader sends 00-7F (nothing sent when Touched or Released, only CC when moved) for one channel

BUSS SECTION (DAW Remote mode)

8 physical Select switches send 00 or 7F (non-latching) for 8 channels - Note On/Off

8 physical Solo switches send 00 or 7F (non-latching) for 8 channels - Note On/Off

8 ohysical Mute switches send 00 or 7F (non-latching) for 20 channels - Note On/Off (according to the Bank Select on the desk)

MISC BUTTONS
6 physical Mute Group buttons send 00 or 7F (latching) for 6 channels in any mode
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote