View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 04:33 PM   #482
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
I mean, do you need me to connect the desk to a MIDI capture utility, then literally move every single fader, knob, switch etc on the desk and log what message it puts out? Or is there a "dump" the desk can do of this, for example?
Nothing fancy, just test if all controls generate midi message(s), that's all, we can sort out the rest later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Airon, I know the X32 is OSC capable. If only I knew what that actually really means (short of being another communication protocol, obv). There is a website by Patrick Gilles-Maillot which has utilities for X32 <-> Reaper with OSC, but 1) the Mac utility is command line only, which puts me off a bit (I'm not used to messing around with the terminal) and 2) as far as I understand, for it to work, you have to configure the utility in advance with how many tracks are in the Reaper project. That makes it sound like a pain if you want to use the Controller as a project is in progress, rather than just as a final mix tool. I may have completely misunderstood this, of course, but the site seems lacking in a simple set up guide.
Yeah, I had a look at that today, looks very complex at first glance...
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote