View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #67
gofer
-blänk-

I am not sure whether "Note-off in case of more than two" is helpful.

For the purpose of mere "MPE-Channel reduction" (with no intention of trigering legato in the instrument) it certainly is not the right way to go. If no channel is free, then the new note should just share the channel (and consequentially also performance data like pitch and pressure) with one of the older notes, not kill an old note entirely. That way you only sacrifice independent control (of a subset of your notes), not entire notes which were intended to sound by the performer. I think that's also what the MPE specs say.

I have no idea what you could mean by "decent channel-legato information" that ROLI could send.
The only thing I could imagine right now would be an option similar to what some guitar vsti have when it comes to decide on whether to do a hammer-on/pull-off or a full retrigger, like "if a new note is less than n semitones apart from an active old note, then reuse the channel (IOW play legato)". I'd still not vote for "kill the old note", the legato instrument should already know what to do with it. But that would obviously defeat the whole purpose of MPE...

Last edited by gofer; 11-04-2018 at 11:22 AM.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote