View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 AM   #7
ngarjuna
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
On top of all that - as I've been in the box for all these years, I really need to ask for some practical "how-to" with regard to the routing/etc. for sending audio outboard and then "back" inboard in the best way for the audio's sake. Also - rendering or printing stems after they have been processed outboard...how is that done (actual button pushing) in Reaper in an easy to manage format?
Thanks!
Jay
Well, my process is heavy on the stem rendering because I use a lot of Nebula instances. Usually it involves two stages:
1. Getting the sounds close to where I want them (including a lot of the Nebula faux-console processing), printing stems of the tracks.
2. Mixing those stems, then running an online render through the bus comp, faux-console master bus program, tape programs (if I'm using them on the project), outboard.

So practically speaking, for simply sending and returning there's an awesome tool in REAPER: ReaInsert. When I render the master out through hardware I just use the Online Render option in the render menu. I'm not entirely positive how I would accomplish that on stems; don't know if it's currently possible to run online stem renders (anybody know? seems like last time I asked there wasn't yet).

Edit: Perhaps the Save live output to disk (bounce) with all the track(s) you want rendered individually? Never tried it though.

Last edited by ngarjuna; 03-09-2010 at 07:01 AM.
ngarjuna is offline   Reply With Quote