View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #35
Airal
Banned

If only performance were actually a big deal. If humans did everything the way they should we wouldn't even be here discussing these problems. Windows itself, and even the PC design itself is build on a flaky foundation that limits performance greatly. If I had my way, I'd have the world trash everything they have created since the dawn of time and start over from scratch and do things the right way.

Most devices do not need to eek out the last few percentage points of performance. E.g., midi devices(which operate at 32kbps max... quite slow compared to todays standards)... Most keyboard and input devices, etc.

It's even surprising how many audio channels you can fit down a USB2 pipe using USB Audio. Obviously for higher end stuff you generally require higher end performance, software, and such... but it's gonna cost you.

At some point when things move over to the newer technologies such issues won't be a big deal. The main issue is has always been just getting data from point A to B. Adding real time constraints to that generally is where the headaches lay and all the work is done... but those are becoming a thing of the past with the transmission rates that are now being achieved over wire and wireless. One day there will probably be a single transport layer that suits everyones needs... well, if humans last that long.
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote