View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:23 AM   #23
lucor
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
I got the project, thank you. Testing on a mid-2012 RMBP in Win10 in unscaled mode, so that's 2880x1800. Everything works really well to be honest. I will try a full 4k display tomorrow. I tested various zoom levels and scrolling in the arrange view (from having as much of the project in-view as possible, to zooming in on various parts), as well as the MIDI editor (opening all project MIDI in the one editor). I penciled some automation in the arrange, and some CCs in the MIDI editor. Everything was pretty fast.
That's definitely weird. If you have an empty project with let's say 500 empty tracks, are things still snappy for you? At that point REAPER gets almost unusable for me (and a template of 500 tracks is still considered small ).
Here's a quick video of a project with 500 empty tracks for demonstration:
https://youtu.be/RFenxa-f62o
And here's how the midi editor looks in a project with 396 tracks:
https://youtu.be/gXAxRMr665Y
(BTW one thing I just noticed in the midi editor: turning off note names has a not huge but noticeable positive effect on the sluggishness in the midi editor.)

Quote:
What audio device and samplerate and block size are you using?
Audio device is a Komplete Audio 6 from Native Instruments, sample rate is usually 44100. I attached a screenshot of my audio settings. And "block size to use when rendering" is blank for me if that is relevant.

Quote:
Does setting Preferences/Audio/"Close audio device when stopped", and having the audio device stopped improve things?
No, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Quote:
Do you have any control surfaces configured in Preferences/Control Surfaces?
Just a Presonus FaderPort (the old one, not the newest iteration).

Quote:
If you install a fresh portable install and load this project, how does it perform?
Unfortunately no difference here either. In fact it's actually a bit worse?! Could also be my brain playing tricks on me.

Thanks for all your efforts so far!
Attached Images
File Type: png 20-06-_2019_07-51-42.png (41.4 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by lucor; 06-20-2019 at 01:34 AM.
lucor is offline   Reply With Quote