View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #61
danfuerth
Human being with feelings

I still think people do not fully understand how dangerous to hardware companies VCA group automation inside a daw is.

My example explains it fully

I was looking for a fader interface to control my tracks inside Reaper ( USING REAPER AS A LIVE MIXER) now that meant buying a big ass fader interface ( at least 20 faders) so that would cost $$$$

I then went over to a show and seen someone using Protools and a small fader interface. After the show I went up to the guy there and looked over is setup and his screen. He had at least 50 tracks all lined up in groups and DUH!! had setup those groups to VCA masters and just mapped the Masters to the interface

This way he only needed a 12 fader interface. This is why I started to post and trying to push to have this inside Reaper.

Anyways Banned ended up making a pure data patch of my project so I could control it via OSC, however it is not a perfect solution and requires duplicate tracks here and there

So again I ended up buying an 8 fader interface instead of BEING FORCED to buy the 20 BECAUSE OF VCA group functionality inside Reaper with OSC!!!

This is why we need VCA group automation and it free's you from being forced to buy bigger fader interfaces when using Reaper as a live Mixer.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote