View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #208
hangnef
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Added an auto-refresh when an FX track is added. Should now be immediate.

The name is in the lower left corner when your entry cursor is over it.

Hmmm. I had to give it some thought (been a while since I wrote that part), but yeah, there is a reason for this. Arming in the track is not the same as arming in HT (even though arming in HT will lead to arming the track). Arming in HT also sets some other properties that allow MIDI messages being sent. Because this is a thing that changes the project in some way, I wanted to make the arming explicit rather than silently convert a track arm to a monitoring/ready to receive MIDI input arm. I do admit that this can be a bit confusing.

Resizing it from where? If you resize and glue from the arrange view, then that (at least used to be) "normal" behavior. The take handle temporarily disappears, so the tracker loses which one you're working on and closes. If you resize from HT and that happens, then that's weird. I've just tried here locally and here it doesn't seem to happen. Is it possible that there is anything special about this take that you're looking at in HT? Do you maybe have a small REAPER file with which to reproduce it?

I've also added some stuff to try and handle gluing from arrange just now.

I've added a short delay in which new attempts are made (for lack of a better way of detecting whether a glue is "done").

Between these attempts, the script defers back to REAPER while this is happening.

If you know of a better way to detect when a glued object is back or how to force reaper to update this stuff before returning control to the script, I'm all ears.

I've also added a fallback that if a pattern goes missing, it will try to find a nearby pattern to focus on. Note that this can happen if a glue takes particularly long. Again, I don't really see a better solution to this at the moment.

Also, I added the colors (tis a config toggle)
Awesome stuff, thank you!

I totally understand about the record enable, now that I know the behavior I can just always do it within HT. I was just confused with them not always being in sync.

The resizing happened when I was in Hackey Trackey (doing it via the number in the lower left). Nothing special, just literally added a new item, and tried to increase it from 32 to 64. (Just tried to repro and now can't). I'll post a project once I can make it happen.

I forgot to mention also, that after resizing, HT seems to lose focus.

I have no idea how to handle the glue'ing correctly, sounds like it is done asynchronously somewhat to the re-entry into the script. I guess I'm surprised glue'ing has to happen at all, can't the midi item just be extended/shortened (i.e. like dragging in arrange view)?

Last edited by hangnef; 04-23-2019 at 03:15 PM.
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote