View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 05:34 AM   #3
Oscar Myer
Human being with feelings

I'm so very pleased to announce that I have found the setting that was giving me problems with Reaper and Sample Tank.

It seems that I wasn't designating the proper VST when putting a Sample Tank instrument into Reaper. Instead of using a VSTi I was using a VST3 for the plugin. Now that I've figured it out, everything is running as it should.

I have to say that after playing around with Reaper I just may be a Reaper convert. Everything seems to be simpler to do compared to Cakewalk by Bandlab. That being said, I have been using Cakewalk since version 3 (Twelve Tone Systems) and so I am truly comfortable with it.

I have evaluated other DAWs but never gave them time enough to actually learn how to use them. Reaper is different. Aside from my problem with getting Sample Tank set up, I have found a lot of things are simple and straight forward to do. It also appears to be very stable. I know I still have a lot to learn about it but I have downloaded the manual and intend on doing a lot of reading and watching videos about it. It is actually fun to work with it.

Many thanks for the suggestions. Very much appreciated.

/OM
Oscar Myer is offline   Reply With Quote