View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #96
FKAB
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesImBrian View Post
Hi guys. I'm buying a small Firewire Mixer/Audio-Interface this week. I mistakenly bought a similar mixer about 12 weeks ago, except it was USB, so it was 8/2. The Firewire, I'm assured, gives me 8 individual tracks in Reaper, and much better latency handling. Hopefully I will then have the chance to test it in the coming weeks - some friends in a small "Electronica" band have just re-united and I'm trying to "get in there", to get my hands dirty with Reaper Live. Synths, drum mashine, real bass, Vox. So a Waves SSL strip on each of the 8 channels, and maybe some wriggle room to get a bit adventurous.

I was thinking too, might the little Mixer cum AudioInterface also solve those grab the pot moments? I'll run it flat of course, with possibly the occasional tweak. If I set my gain staging nicely, any feedback is going to light up the channel LED, I know instantly where the trouble is!

Question for Johnny G, and I'm not being flippant, I was studying your project template last night, great work btw, and I noticed in the "VoxRev" buss there are 'receives' from the "Drum Overheads" L/R. Was this a slip of the i/o drop or was it deliberate?

Also, sorry something else just came to mind. To "DI" Bass or not, that is the question? That is two questions actually.

Cheers Brian
It's sad to reply to one's self but I was wondering too. Have any of you wizards tried ReaTune's auto correction on live vocals? Or sending a ReaPitch from the lead vox raised to the third or fifth to simulate "harmonies" or lowered or raised by a full octave as "a second singer" on another track with contrasting EQ and Delay [if needed, a little latency might do the trick]? I know i'm gonna need it :-)

Last edited by FKAB; 09-06-2012 at 06:49 AM.
FKAB is offline   Reply With Quote