View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #2
pbattersby
Human being with feelings

This looks really promising. I watched the whole video.

When I compose, I like to perform the notes using a general purpose articulation (a short attack with sustain) and then I go back afterwards and draw in the key switch notes I want for each note or group of notes. C2 might be sustain, E2 for staccato, F2 for pizzicato for example.

I see in your picture, below the piano roll, the articulations are displayed. Can I draw in the articulation I want below the piano roll or do I have to record my key switch selections to get them to appear there?

Another question. Sometimes I'll record a violin for example and after I've programmed my articulations (which are key switch notes below the violin range) I decide I want to copy those same MID notes to cello and then shift them down an octave or two. I also copy the key switch notes from violin to cello and then shift those notes above the cello range (which is where the key switches for my cello are active).

With your Reaticulate plugin, can I still do something like that, where I can copy MIDI notes from one instrument to another and also copy your articulations from one instrument to another? I would imagine that would be 2 separate copy operations. One for the MIDI notes, one for the articulation changes.