View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #86
inthepipeline
Human being with feelings

Location: Bristol, UK. Slowly sinking island next to mainland Europe

Good to hear from you both.

I'm glad that you are both still actively interested in doing the whole thing. I do appreciate that it is very complicated. I've spent a little more time recently just trying to remember some of the basic 'c' stuff. I can at least now identify which blocks of code do what. Why is a much bigger question! I failed miserably when I last tried to learn, so I'm very aware of the complexity of this.

Deric,

A request..

I was wondering whether you might be able to PM me a framework.h to play with. Something with which I could quite easily achieve basic fader and button functionality a-la Hui, perhaps demonstrating in practice how to code for one illuminated Houston button, with annotation explaining which code does what?

I can make no promises, but at least then I might stand a chance of getting some useful mapping done and maybe obtaining complete, but basic functionality. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to get the display doing anything useful, but knobs and buttons would be a good start.

I've been unable to pursue this as I would have liked because the machine I've been working on is using DuX's pre5503 XP release. There were a few bits missing which MSVC++ needs. I'm going to upgrade to XP3AOFinal in the next few days, so I should be able to run the compiler/linker. Then I can start playing around in earnest.

Also, have you made the 01X csurf.h available to view?

*I*