View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
Nick Morris
Human being with feelings

I have been on the hunt like crazy for a control surface for Reaper. I am starting to think it will never come unless I make it myself.

I have made control surfaces in the past. My last project, I modded out my CS2000 control surface to include motorised faders on all channel faders, and made a direct connection on the console to the DAW through mackie control protocol to control and record the touch sensitive faders to the analog console.

I want in on making this control surface.

I believe it would need to be modular, adding banks of faders, encoders, etc. 8 channels is enough to start and people are used to that number. If 8 isn't enough, add 8 more channels with another unit. Just add 8ch banks until you are satisfied.

All Reaper plugs should be automapped to the encoders. All 3rd party vst's need this too somehow.

Transport controls are a must, at least with what is on the transport in Reaper now.

an unlimited number of user defineable soft keys section for actions, editing functions through say 16 keys plus a bank key to get to the next set of 16 actions or functions.

A proper LCD to display all vital information.

Working now, I'll put more in shortly.
Nick Morris is offline   Reply With Quote