View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 03:44 AM   #22
Billr
Human being with feelings

Hi

Thanks for that - I've actually got a MOTU Timepiece and the manual too it has lots of information about all the timecodes well worth reading !

What I am actually trying to do is link 3 pieces of gear together and make one integrated system

My digital mixer Tascam DM-24 + Akai DR-16 and Reaper

My plan is to have the DM-24 control all of the other gear be it transport function recording into Reaper fader control etc

As I play most instruments I need - all I want is for Reaper and the DR-16
to capture the real time performance

Now looking at the entire thread it becomes obvious that the MTC should work with the settings above and indeed I know I have got timecode running in Reaper I can see it in the meter for the track...

So I have to assume the fault is elsewhere - my first thought is checking cables and in/outputs on the midi merge box - it has been quite some time since this was used ...like 12 years ! So although I'm getting midi note triggering OK that might be just luck and the box contacts and cables ( also old - 30 years old ! )
Need cleaning - I have had to get all new audio cables for my set up too because after 30-35 years the cables have deteriorated !

The solution might be this simple - clearly Reaper is doing what it's supposed to....so

Thanks
Billr

Last edited by Billr; 01-21-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote