View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #2465
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
hey everyone, this all sounds interesting and looking forward to what's coming next.

But, my concern over this new format for the MST is that, for someone who has say 16 channels to define (on ONE surface)...it's a LOT of extra work to setup. What happens when I add additional 8-channel extender in the near future? One can't simply copy/paste because several lines have to have updated channels, if I'm understanding this correctly.

With that said, has there been any thought into the UI so that a user could enter his info and the MST is created accordingly? I understand something like that is much further down the road, I'm mostly thinking about myself and how many more mistakes I can make with this new format :|

Don't get me wrong, I definitely see how this opens up more possibilities and I welcome anything that is progress
Your point is well taken and I did think about this quite a bit.

I believe the new format, although more verbose, is more easily understood because it's more linear.

You can usually re-use things from the channel definitions for things like extenders, that's how I did it here when setting up the Artist Mixes and Control.

Also the new format is very simplistic and, once set up, should be very stable.

There will need to be only one file that everyone can use for each surface, so a single definition, although tedious and error prone to complete, can serve the whole community.

The vast majority of the customization will be in the easier-to-read files -- .axt, .fxt, etc.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote