View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #22
funkster1
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomtones View Post
err yeah i'd just like to 2nd DarkBlue's thought that yeah, this is easier for me in other DAWs... I mean, maybe I don't wanna have to bother with track templates - maybe I'm trying out a new VSTi?

There are all kind of good reasons for having some kind of auto-track setup option!
What stops you from trying out a new VSTi? When you do, you'll hardly ever need more then a Stereo Out, since you'd be mainly interested in the engine/sound/general handling/what have you feature, no? So in that case simply double click ANY VSTi of your choice to load it up in a channel. Is that automatic enough?
I remember in Cubase SX i.e., I needed to perform MORE mouseclicks to actually load and ASSIGN a VSTi to a track. Sure, multiout VSTi's created directly all available outputs in the mixer, but often I didn't WANT that many outputs. So then I go to the mixer, and ONE by ONE check the 'Can Hide' option, because you can't simply select a couple of tracks/mixerstrips and hide them all at once.
Wasn't/isn't very elegant neither.
And the new VSTi Track class in C4 offers you only a Stereo output pair for ANY instrument you call via this new function (unless it has already been fixed).

Regards
Raphael
funkster1 is offline   Reply With Quote