View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 02:25 AM   #28
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Sorry Trond. I've only just seen your replies now. I haven't been on the forum for a few days.
I have recently started some new mixes in Ambisonic format and have noticed the audio issues with plugins other than Waves when using the ATK doing the same thing. I also sometimes get garbled audio rather than it cutting out completely and when that happens, the only solution is to separate the ATK plugins by bussing them to new tracks.
I'm using 64 bit REAPER on Win 10 64 bit and all plugins are VST2.
From memory, I think I was actually getting this garbled audio issue when I was using the JS multiband splitter with a few instances of ReaComp and the JS multiband combiner. I'm not 100 percent sure of that though because I'm not at my computer right now.

Regarding the 5.1 stuff, your plugin chain is exactly what I am doing. I have used the stereo encode method and I do like that quite a lot but the 5.1 upmixes are mainly for dedicated 5.1 projects where the final mix is for 5.1. I'm using Ambisonics to create a virtual 5.1 monitoring situation. In future though, I plan on doing pretty much everything in Ambisonic format and creating the necessary downmixes (whether 5.1, stereo, mono or anything else) by using decoders from the B format.

I did briefly play around with the super stereo encoder but didn't get convincing results. Looking at your plugin chain though, I now see why. I was placing the super stereo plugin after the B format conversion (oops!! Silly mistake!)
I'll definitely give that another shot now though.