View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 08:40 AM   #8
acendan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
Today I use Ascendan_UCS Renaming tool, which works very good, but the settings and renaming takes place outside reaper, on an HTML page. It too much alt-tabbing and scrolling up and down to find the CATID. Would have been so great if I never had to leave Reaper.

Having the same functions from ascendans UCS renaming tool, but presented in a script that looks like your search tool, staying in reaper all the time, would have been amazing.
Ah, sorry to hear about the frustrations with using a Web Interface! I've considered porting my UCS Tool to ReaScript using something like ReaImGui, but honestly, the UCS tool is just too dependent on Javascript at the moment. I might be able to make a "light" version of the tool that runs within Reaper, but it certainly will not have the same quality of life features like the presets system, extensive metadata support, or user settings import/export.

Also, as a developer, working with web development libraries is so much easier when it comes to building attractive user interfaces. But that's a bit subjective...
acendan is offline   Reply With Quote