View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #289
lachrimae
Human being with feelings

Greetings Moss

First off, thank you for your hard work. The tool makes the Push2 remarkably powerful with Reaper.

I've been having an issue with losing my Reaper settings and finally found a way to reproduce it.

My Reaper.ini file is being reset and I'm losing my custom settings such as Media Browser shortcuts, docked window positions, and input/output names.

This is on Win10x64 with the latest pre-release of Reaper (5.966pre1x64).

Steps to reproduce:
1) Create new midi file by pressing 'New' on Push2
2) Press 'Quantize'
- This makes the my docked midi editor disappear, and when I press Quantize again, it briefly appears and then disappears again. The midi editor can be restored by double-clicking on it, but now it is docked in the wrong position
3) Close Reaper
4) Upon re-opening Reaper, only a couple of things look off:
- Some input/output names are missing, but not all of them.
- The midi editor is undocked.
5) Close Reaper again.
6) Upon opening Reaper a 2nd time, the following additional changes occur:
- Reaper asks which audio device to use
- The Media Explorer database is reset to stock defaults (no custom shortcuts or databases listed)
- FX Browser settings are reset
- All input/output names are missing

It could be that this issue is being caused by some other script or shortcut that I have installed and that it just appears to be due to DrivenByMoss4Reaper, but I am unable to reproduce it w/out using DBM4R. Does DBM4R have access to make such changes to Reaper.ini?

Oh and btw, this is a portable install in case that has an impact.

Just let me know if you need any additional info. I have a notepad++ compare between the pre/post .ini files in case you want to see exactly what's being changed.

I also want to clarify that I have no expectation for a fix since this a free tool and could be caused by an interaction with another 3rd party script. Vielen Dank for reading my wall of text even if it's not related to DBM4R...
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote