View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 01:59 AM   #14
valy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardplay View Post
An analogue mixer can be a weak point in yuour audio setup if it isn't of decent quality. But having a mixer doeas have advantages. A lot of people here will let you beleive that the pre's are crap and that you will introduce noise etc etc.
You can achieve great results with a mixer.

In the control room i have a Allen & Heath GL2800 32 channel mixer, i can create up to 8 headphone mixes for people rfec ording, i use the 9/10 stereo aux for the monitors. I use matrix 1/ for the live room monitors, i then have tape decks and other stuff that goes in. It's like a massive patchbay.
The pre's are great and can compete with any 4 to 500 euro pre's of any audio device, so anybody that says the contrary has never used a good mixer. There are 2 ways to record with a mixer, you can use the Direct out if the mixer has them or the insert way. I go to the audio device via the Direct Out.

I also have a Behringher MX9000 in the live room and that's used for quick demo's, it's a 24/24 ch mixer and contrary to common believe the pre's sound quite good!
Of course using a good mixer isn't a problem...don't think anyone made that claim. The problem is that most people use budget mixers, and yes, the pres and signal flow are crap in those most of the time.
valy is offline   Reply With Quote