View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 11:04 AM   #11
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibben View Post
So, there seems to be quite a few RME users on the forum but I don't know how many would have use for better TotalMix support but I would love to have it.

My original intention was to create either a simple JS plug with sliders or toolbar items to control TotalMix from within Reaper. Stuff like switching output channels (from headphones to monitors) or perhaps 48V. Stuff like that. So I think I had the same ambition as you, Doc. Just the basics and not super deep FX tweaking or such.

I'd be more than happy to help out if I can.
I haven't messed with it. TotalMix does or used to support the old direct monitoring feature (poor name), the one that would allow a record armed track volume to control the gain of it's chosen input channel in TotalMix - Not sure who here remembers that. I know it was available in Logic for PC years ago because I used it to control my M-Audio Delta-66 back then.

Back on topic, I've not tried any Reaper controlling of TM other than what I just mentioned but reaper doesn't support and AFAIK it's outdated at this point.