View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 11:14 PM   #291
brummbear
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Caravan View Post
Hi!

First off, thank you so much! I'm so excited to utilize the full potential of my S49 Mk2 with Reaper. I've encountered a nagging behavior that I was hoping you could help with:

When I switch between tracks containing a KompleteKontrol instance, the keyboard reverts to MIDI mode. Also, Plug-in mode is not available (blacked out). Upon closer inspection of the KK GUI, I noticed that the little "49 keybed" image towards the top right is not lit (midi mode.jpg). When I click it, it lights up and my keyboard snaps into plug-in mode with all the premapped goodness (Plug-in Mode.jpg). When I switch away to another track with a KK instance, the keyboard reverts to midi mode again. This also happens when I click the "INSTANCE" button on the keyboard - there are no KK instances shown and it reverts to midi mode.

Win10 x64
Reaper v6.12c ReaKontrol v1.00 S49 MK2
KK 2.3.0 (R177)
NIHIA v1.10.0.166
"KOMPLETE KONTROL - 1" input is enable+control
"KOMPLETE KONTROL - 1" output is enable.
All others are disabled.
Control/OSC/Web is empty
Hmmm, obviously the instance focus does not work in your setup. Here are some potential reasons why instance focus does not work:

1) Have you renamed (the fx instance of) the KK VSTi? It should start with "VSTi: Komplete Kontrol"! After that you can rename it to whatever you want but it must start with that string. If it is changed to something different, it won't be recognized.

2) Are you firewalling your plugin instances? Options > Plug-Ins > Compatibilty: as per the manual do not run KK VSTi "In dedicated process per plugin"*

* If you are not sure about the latter please create a new project with more than 1 track with each holding the KK VSTi plugin and then check the very first fx parameter (click on Track Envelopes/Automation to make them visible): It should be "NIKB00" on the first KK instance, "NIKB01" on the next KK instance etc.

My guess is it is reason #1 above, maybe?
brummbear is offline   Reply With Quote