View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 08:58 AM   #8611
ramses
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Stepped values are only for encoders and buttons, not rotary faders like on the C1.
I humbly disagree. Using stepped values, I've mapped, for example, the ReaComp to have usable, reasonable attack times in conjuction with my C1. If I don't map it using stepped values, the attack times are far to crude, unpredictable and out of range (just turning the knob without holding the shift button). They don't fit me. It works, but it does not live up to the potential of the CSI. I need control over the initial transient, fine-grained control, and I need to be able to set the attack time like I want to, not being constrained by the existing 7bit step-size logic.

Perhaps something else can be done for the 7bit faders on the C1. Perhaps it is in the works. And, if it is, I'm absolutely prepared to wait patiently. I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I really don't think so. For example, could you tell me what attack-times you're getting with ReaComp just turning the attack knob (from zero) on the C1, in milliseconds,?

Sorry to bother you with this, but I think it is important.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote