View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 11:02 AM   #9
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Can something be done on editing the velocity lollipops (as per suggestions in previous dev build threads)? It remains the most annoying thing to edit in the MIDI editor, I would say. So, showing the note length on the lollipop itself (that is a REALLY good feature of FL studio, because you don't need to force your eyes to travel all the time between note area and velocity area to check for lengths of notes!), and being able to separately target velocities of particular notes in a chord (when all notes have exactly the same start time) without collapsing all the notes in the chord to the same velocity (SUPER annoying!), or forcing you to select a note first to specifically edit its velocity (tedious)...
Let me add to this. I know that there's the option to "Edit previous note within current grid division", but this is not good enough. This option should not depend on grid division IMHO, it should just use the whole space between the current event and the next event.

Why? Say we have grid set to 1/4, but your note event is close to the end of a beat. This option is useless then, because you can only use what little is left until the next 1/4 grid division happens - this is not a relative edit, so it's not 1/4 FROM the note event.

I also noticed this peculiarity happening. Seems to happen only on selected notes (grid division set to 1/4):

EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote