View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #40
Rangler
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Willis View Post
Sure. First I have to admit that I also don't completely understand, since I didn't write the algorithm. This is part of the reason that I built the spectrogram, to get a better idea of what is going on.

The crossover and mult parameters work together in the late tail of the reverb. Let's say that based on your room size, the mid range frequencies have a decay time of 2.0 seconds. If your high cross is 5000Hz, and your high mult is set to 0.8x, then frequencies above 5000Hz will generally have a decay time of 2.0 x 0.8 = 1.6s. The crossover isn't a hard boundary though, so the decay time will be ramped near the boundary.

Same thing for low frequencies. If your low cross is 1000Hz and low mult is 1.5, then given the same room size as the above example, frequencies under 1000Hz will tend toward 2.0 x 1.5 = 3.0s.

The cutoff frequencies act as a high pass filter and low pass filter for both early reflections and late tail, although admittedly they don't cut nearly as hard as I would like. If I ever dig around in the reverb algorithm for a version 2 of this plugin, I think I will try making them cut really deep, something like 30 or 40 dB.
Thanks for hearing us out. You should put up a tip-jar.