View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #2403
Freex
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I'm currently using it with an Mackie MCU, 2 x MCUXT and a Mackie C4.

I have 2 Pages set up, the first is the regular channel/track Page, where all the channel functions are working- fader, mute, solo, pan, width and the track names in the display strip. I use the MCU L/R buttons to bank across the project, 24 faders at a time, at a much greater speed than was possible with previous controller plugins. I've assigned various other MCU buttons to useful Reaper actions/macros.

The second page flips all the surfaces to control the Sends, with send level on the fader, send mute on the mute button. I use the MCU UP/DOWN buttons to step between the sends.

Automation works on both Pages and you can write send levels using the fader.

On either Page, the C4 displays FX parameters for the currently selected channel/slot, the upper part of the display showing the parameter name (for which you can create your own alias/abbreviation to better fit the limited display space) and the lower part showing the value. I use the C4's UP/DOWN buttons to step fwd/bck through the FX slots. The C4 L/R buttons select the next/prev track, whilst simultaneously closing all open FX windows to keep the screen tidy.

This is a pre-alpha stage project that is constantly changing and developing making accurate documentation nearly impossible. All the information is contained within the thread, but what is accurate on page 27, might be inaccurate by page 50.

There are still things that don't work (eg MCU jogwheel, buttons on certain controllers) but the focus is to create a core engine that is both expandable, versatile and stable.

Also please bear in mind this is the work of ONE man, Geoff Waddington, who is the Coder and Principal Architect of the project. The rest of us just chip in with distracting ideas (that are occasionally useful) and test the builds Geoff puts up.
That's a nice workflow setup, I'll be stealing it shortly....
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote