View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 06:50 PM   #542
hedgehogbrown
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Yes and No :-)

Geoff includes the mst files with the download of CSI; that's the "map" of the physical controller itself. One is included for the Console 1 already, which is incomplete. I've completed the mapping of all buttons and knobs, but haven't got around to giving it to Geoff yet ;-)

As far as then mapping FX to the controller, I have done some work on creating those files for some of the plugins I use most often. But they're not very common FX (DMG Equilibrium, Compassion, TrackControl, Limitless) so sharing them in the download probably wouldn't reach many actual users. For that reason, I'm not sure Geoff will include many such files.

I guess if there IS an argument for these being included it would be for the ReaPlugs such as ReaEQ, ReaComp etc that all CSI users will have. But unfortunately, I tried mapping ReaComp to the controller and it doesn't play very nicely (fundamental to the VST, not a problem of CSI apparently). There are huge value jumps in the Threshold etc for tiny controller movements. So I stopped doing that work.

Ultimately, it would be good to have some kind of Repository for both the MST (Physical controller) and Zone files (what parameters in Reaper or VSTs are controlled). Then users can look to see what Zones are available for the controllers they own and download them to use or modify.

For now, I'm holding off doing much more with the Console 1. Having played with it a while in CSI I'm seeing the quirks and drawbacks, and wondering about upgrading to Siniarch's new Custom Controller when it becomes available. If I don't do that (or can't afford it) then I'll go back to developing workflows with the Console 1.
could you put those in a dropbox or something so us console 1 people can see what our files should look like and get some ideas about how the commands work?
hedgehogbrown is offline   Reply With Quote