View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 11:09 AM   #8049
Cragster
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
I know the automation buttons work, that's why we want to use them for testing

So, make a copy of the .zon file so you can go back.

Open the original and REMOVE all the automaton stuff, we don't want to use automation right now and we don't want those definitions messing up our test, we want to use the Automation buttons to test modifier actions because we know they light up properly -- once again this is for testing only

Change the automation buttons to be the modifier buttons.

Code:
Zone "Buttons|"
        Read Shift
        Write Option
        Trim Control
        Latch Alt
ZoneEnd
Now test this.

Do the automation buttons correctly reflect the modifiers to which they are mapped ?

If yes, there is something wrong on the surface side with the surface modifier buttons.

If no, there is something funky in the Zone definition.

Just trying to isolate which, so we can solve this.

Do you see what we are trying to do here ?

If anything is unclear, ask away
Ok thanks Geoff. So i did read that right. Yes thats what i did. I / slashed out all the automation lines and turned the automation buttons into the modifier buttons and they did correctly reflect the modifier they were mapped to. Well almost .when pressed it would go into that modifier mode and stay lit. But it would be stuck there. Probly cause the way i have thise automation buttons mapped in the mst ? They are slightly different in the mst.i included them in that first post i sent you. But yes they did work the modifiers .just had to refresh the surface to exit them. And sry as you know im a little slow sometimes with this stuff. So that means its a surface problem ?
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote