View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #140
Tod
Human being with feelings

Cool ivan, your right, Reapers Filter Events needs some improvement, maybe in the coarse of these updates that will happen.

Quote:
Lasso'ed all the ones that were forward and moved them all in one go. Lasso'ed the ones that were late and did same.a
Job done.
Wouldn't quantizing using a percentage do this fairly nicely?

Quote:
Quite literally all you do is lasso the lot and drag them to the right pitch.
In Reaper you can Right/Click the note on the piano roll, I think that would be the same as lassoing them.

Quote:
The note lengthening can be altered either by percentage increase/decrease or by a fixed number, or all notes to the same new length, btw.
I think you can do the same thing with Reapers Quantize.

Quote:
So it is beginning to look like selective lasso'ing and event filtering is a pretty crucial difference here.
I'm not sure what you mean by "selective lasso'ing", in Reaper you can use Right/Click drag to select as many notes or events as you like, either all at once or individually if necessary, would that be the same?

Your right about the filtering but as I mentioned, maybe in this update.

Quote:
Oh, and for lining up notes within several parts I can ghost in all or any or none of the other MIDI tracks to the track I am actually editing.
Would that be similar to what's being worked on in Reaper right now with the (hopefully) new Track List?

Thanks for taking the time ivan.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote