View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #3
privatesalt
Human being with feelings

The JSFX script is attached. If anyone else is using Alesis Nitro drum kit and has a problem with your Crash 1 cymbal getting stuck after you grab it, drop this in the Incoming FX chain (before EZDrummer).
I'm a newbie with JSFX and MIDI scripts. There may be a better way to code it, but it seems to be working great on my system. I consider this a BETA release. I haven't done extensive testing, so can't guarantee it'll work in all circumstances (or on all systems). It took a good bit of time learning/coding it and I need to get back to making music.

I may revisit it at some point to make additional functionality (and find out why some of the things I wanted to do would not work). One issue is if the Incoming MIDI is set to MIDI ALL it will not work correctly. You must have the channel set to CH10 (the channel the Nitro module outputs MIDI on).
I found that when set to CH10, the Timing Code from the Nitro is no longer incoming to the track (nothing to do with this script), so the slider to enable Timing Code ON/OFF was not needed. If incoming MIDI is set to ALL the Timing code is present again (but the script will not function).

I wish I had more time to learn/investigate but need to get back to music projects. If you try the script I'd like to hear your feedback. Let me know if it works OK for you. If you edit your MIDI after recording (and move the crash cymbal notes around), don't forget to move the Channel Pressure in the lanes. It does not move with the note.

Here's a copy/paste from notes in the script. (Some of this is repeat of previous post):

IMPORTANT: Incoming MIDI channel must be set to CH 10 for this script to work. (The Nitro outputs on CH 10). If incoming MIDI is set to ALL, this script will not work. Put this script in the Incoming FX chain on the EZDrummer channel.

The Alesis Nitro sends only one Poly Aftertouch MIDI message (a9 31 7f) for the crash cymbal 1 choke (when you grab the cymbal). EZDrummer requires at least 2 Channel Pressure (Channel Aftertouch) messages. The first one with a value higher than 64 and the second one with a value of 64 or lower. The first message chokes the cymbal and the second one resets the choke.

When this script receives incoming Poly Aftertouch message, it sends out 2 Channel Pressure MIDI messages (with values determined by the sliders). The delay between the 2 Channel Pressure messages can be set with the slider.

To install, copy it to the Reaper Effects directory and remove .txt from filename. Then Re-scan plugins or restart Reaper. (To find your Effects directory in REAPER, go to Options, Show REAPER resource path).

Cheers

Last edited by privatesalt; 05-15-2019 at 05:01 AM.
privatesalt is offline   Reply With Quote