View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #5807
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
When updating, the installer points to D:\REAPER(x64)
You just tell it the first time where to install to and it remembers it.

The Reason is simple: avoiding this mutiplesubfolder deep user..roaming folder stuff, having everything in a folder without admin restrictions and far from the OS drive which, as many Windows users get to know over time, occasionally has to be re-formatted for various reasons...

Well, yes, Iīm, letīs say, curious enough to test this out, but before I risk my working environment I will give this a try on another Win10 PC with a standard install of Reaper. I know itīs not the same, but before I touch my working system, I will have to clone my drives.

I wouldnīt hesitate to blame it on Windows, but no (major) Windows update was installed since then and it all worked nicely until 26th of Dec.
All of this triggered a ten year old memory of a similar experience on Win 7.

Try this -- remove all the copies of EuCon dlls(you really shouldn't need this at all anyway), CSI dlls', make sure to leave the CSI folders alone.

Start Reaper -- what happens ?

Does it load, if so, this is the thing we ran into == there were some "ghosts" of the roaming dirs for some reason -- tres bizarre indeed.

We never did find a fix, it just resynched at some point and was never a problem again.

On the other outcome -- if it doesn't work anyomore, go ahead and install the latest, maybe removing everything will change the equation somehow.

I know this sounds a bit crazy, but hey, its Windows right ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote