View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #2956
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post

Can anyone think of a use case where you would want a particular Surface or a particular FX on a particular Page to easily switch methods on the fly ?
I don't see this as a problem or even much of a limitation. You tend to fall into one camp or the other depending on what hardware you are using.

You can't really use both simultaneously anyway because they require completely different .fxt files.

SelectedTrack, as it maps all the FX on the track to the surface at once, requires much care to avoid collisions between the parameters of different FX.

Because FocussedFX maps a single FX slot to the surface, you don't have to worry about mapping collisions between FX.

I wanted to ask if it would be possible to have one more Navigator for FX mapping. That is SelectedFX.

On the surface this would seem to be the same as FocussedFX, and indeed, when you focus an FX by clicking on its open window, you do select it. The advantage of SelectedFX is that it would not require the FX window to open in order for the parameters to appear on the surface, as FocussedFX does.

It requires a track to be selected and then:

Code:
SWS/S&M: Select next FX (cycling) for selected tracks
and

Code:
SWS/S&M: Select previous FX (cycling) for selected tracks
select the slot.

and

Code:
SWS/S&M: Toggle float selected FX for selected tracks
shows the selected FX window if needed.

Most of the time I find the opening and closing of FX windows more of a distraction than a help. I much prefer to listen than look at graphics and on my C4, A1 always shows the FX name (and is Dry/Wet control)

The ideal scenario (for me) would be to select a track on the surface and be able to step through the FX with no windows opening and have the currently selected FX parameters map to the surface.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote